Vanilla muffin filled with chocolate chips and cherries.
Sour Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 C flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut into chunks, softened
- ½ C Pioneer® Sugar
- 1 C sour cream, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ C milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin pan or line with paper holders; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together; set aside.
- In a food processor, cream together the cream cheese and Pioneer® Sugar; add the sour cream and mix. Add eggs in one at a time. Add milk and vanilla; mix. Turn off food processor.
- In the center of the flour make a well and add the liquid mixture and blend together until the dry ingredients are wet; the mixture will be lumpy. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins two-thirds to three-quarters full. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the recipes on our website is accurate, not all recipes are tested by Michigan Sugar Company. Michigan Sugar Company does not guarantee the outcome of these recipes and are prepared at your own risk. Most recipes are submitted through visitors and recipe contests sponsored by Pioneer Sugar®.