65685959 - homemade peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream over rustic wooden background - healthy pastry dessert
- 4 C fresh peaches, peeled & sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or to taste
- 1 C Pioneer® Sugar
- ½ C butter or margarine
- 1 ½ C flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ C shortening
- ¼ C + 1 T cold water
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch round baking pan; set aside.
- Combine peaches, cinnamon, Pioneer® Sugar and butter in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Simmer until peaches are tender and mixture thickens, about 20 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle water over flour mixture until ingredients are moistened.
- Shape pastry into ball. Roll out to ⅛-inch thickness on lightly floured board. Cut into 1-inch strips. Arrange half strips in lattice design over peaches.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Gently press remaining strips over baked strips in lattice pattern. Press pastry into peach mixture. Return to oven and bake for 40 minutes more. Serve warm with ice cream.
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the recipes on our website is accurate, not all recipes are tested by Michigan Sugar Company. Michigan Sugar Company does not guarantee the outcome of these recipes and are prepared at your own risk. Most recipes are submitted through visitors and recipe contests sponsored by Pioneer Sugar®.