Holiday Gift Cake
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 C butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ½ C Pioneer® Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 ¼ C sifted cake flour, divided
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ C Maraschino cherries, well drained & chopped
- ½ C pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ C finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 ½ C Pioneer® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan; sprinkle with finely chopped nuts; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, Pioneer® Sugar and vanilla, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add 2 cups flour sifted with baking powder, mixing well after adding. Toss remaining flour with cherries and chopped nuts; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool thoroughly.
- Mix Pioneer® Confectioners Powdered Sugar and milk together to create glaze. [Add more powdered sugar or milk until you find the consistency you desire.]
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the recipes on our website is accurate, not all recipes are tested by Michigan Sugar Company. Michigan Sugar Company does not guarantee the outcome of these recipes and are prepared at your own risk. Most recipes are submitted through visitors and recipe contests sponsored by Pioneer Sugar®.