Chocolate Christmas Cookies with Chocolate Glaze and Crushed Candy Cane copy space for your text
Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- ½ C Pioneer® Sugar
- ½ C Pioneer® Confectioner’s Powder Sugar
- ¼ C light butter
- 1 tsp. cold water
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ C cocoa powder
- 6 T Pioneer® Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. water
- Crushed peppermint candies for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Coat 2 sheet pans with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together both Pioneer® Sugar’s and butter. Blend in water, mint extract, salt and baking soda. Stir in flour and cocoa. Dough will be a bit dry and crumbly.
- On flat surface, place dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; roll out to a thickness of ⅛-inch. Lift off top layer of plastic; cut out cookie shapes using a 2-inch rough cutter. Transfer cookies to prepared sheet pans with a thin metal spatula. Bake 8 minutes or until cookies are puffed and shiny. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl stir together Pioneer® Confectioners Powdered Sugar and water. Drizzle or pipe over cookies. While icing is still soft, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if using.
- 1 cookie; 58 calories, 11g carbohydrate, 1g fat, 0.6g saturated fat
While every effort is made to ensure that the information contained in the recipes on our website is accurate, not all recipes are tested by Michigan Sugar Company. Michigan Sugar Company does not guarantee the outcome of these recipes and are prepared at your own risk. Most recipes are submitted through visitors and recipe contests sponsored by Pioneer Sugar®.